Skilled AGV | RGV
Skilled AGV | RGV
- AGV is the acronym for Automatic Guided Vehicle and it identifies Driverless fork-trucks which are used in industrial applications to carry pallets and/or materials to/from programmed positions in production areas, in warehouses, in the dock area and now also capable to reach in and load trucks. The AGV receives orders directly from warehouse management systems, the field, or from any type of software or hardware interface. The AGVs operate 24 hours/7 in total safety for the environment and anyone that could be in the operating area.
Skilled AGVs operate with precisely controlled navigation, acceleration and deceleration; this minimizes the potential damage and makes AGVs an excellent choice in the material handling.
- SKILLED RGV is a vehicle system that has been created from the same project as that for the Laser Guided Vehicles (LGV’s) and its operation is therefore based on the same general principles. The vehicle drives along a straight rail at floor level, being used only and exclusively for movement in straight lines. Its integration with SKILLED ROBOTS palletisation systems makes it possible to achieve complete end-of-line automation, with considerable cost savings and assured increases in production management efficiency.
- Skilled RGV offers the following advantages:
- Complete pallet handling towards wrapping and/or storage with simultaneous automatic feeding of empty pallets and slip sheets to the palletising cells
- Modular system, bringing great flexibility should enlargement be required in the future.
- The absence of electrical connections and the possibility of sinking the rails into the floor make access to the production lines easy for operators and vehicle drivers
- Perfect compliance with the safety laws and standards in force